“And if we’d always stayed on a train, we’d understood only station by station”
I begin to hate trains! =)
Songlist when I left Hamburg:
1. Thursday- M Shepard
2. Ladytron- They Gave You A Heart, They Gave You A Name
3. Schubert- Rast (Winterreise)
4. Edith Piaf- Un Jeune Homme Chantait
5. XOXO Panda- One For My Sould (Good Night)
6. The Arcade Fire- Neighbourhood #2 (Laika)
7. Thees Uhlmann- To Mate & To Die Slamons Swim Upstream
8. Pillow Fight Club- Into The Outside
9. Ben Folds- Such Great Heights
10. Beatsteaks- As I please (live)
Well I knew I had to leave, this wasn’t a secret and not a surprise as well.
But I didn’t want to go even if I became excited as well for all the upcoming adventures. I said goodbye to Lisa & Martin in the early morning after I packed my stuff and had a little breakfast.
When I was at the subway to the central station I was like shooting photos as a crazy one =)
The ride to Kopenhagen was good, we had to take a ferry to get to Denmark which was pretty great. It took us about 45 minutes from land to land and the whole ride I was outside looking at the sea and breathing in the salty, fresh air. Still I think this trip will make me healthy from bottom to top (hahaha, may I laugh here, typing this??? :D)
When I got to Kopenhagen I was pretty overwhelmed by the beautiful station, it is very old.
Unfortunately, and I could have thought about that, the Tivoli Park was only able to access with a expensive ticket :/
So I went to a place Nate told me about. Cafe Kreuzberg in Kompagnistraden or so ;)
It was cool, I had a sandwich for lunch and I didn’t expect this to be soooo huge, copmpare with my pitcure! And for this size the prize was really good!
I was walking back to the station early enough so I won’t miss my train… Haha, good one! At this point I guess my adventure really started (And I’ve got to tell justone more story about the train station in Kopenhagen Rachel, whom I met in Paris, told me about… Seems to be a chaotic station… If you can avoid it, do so!)
So, I was getting on the train and waited, waited and waited. I already began to listen to the next 10 random songs on my journey:
1. Glen hansard- Say It To Me Now
2. Moneybrother- Stormy Weather
3. Comeback Kid- Magnet Pull
“Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, I am sorry to tell you that we have some problems with the engine, please be patient at remain sitting on your seats.”
4. Appleseat Cast- Fight Song
5. I Am Kloot- Only Role In Town
6. Gang Of Four- I Can See From Far Away
“We couldn’t fix the engine so we are waiting for another train from Sweden, please remain sitting until we tell you what to do. We are very sorry…”
7. Nada Surf- Are You Lightning
8. Low 500- A Gesture
9. Wilco- Sonny Feeling
10. La Dispute- Edit Your Hometown
The train should have left at 16:29 but we finally left on another train around 6pm. But that’s not all…
The “real” 10 songs till Stockholm:
1. Manchester Orchestra- Alice & Interiors
2. Interpol- Evil
3. Jasmin Tabatabai- Back Into Space
4. Beck- He’s A Mighty Good Leader
5. Mewithoutyou- Carousels
6. Yael Naim- Far Far (problems on the train AGAIN!!!)
7. Jimmy Eat World- World Is Static
8. Astrid Lindgren- Huje Damej Sånt Barn Han Vår
And here we had to get out of the train again! We only reached Kopenhagen airport so far!!!
We had to change tracks & rechange again and the we got into a rapid transfer to Malmö where we chenged finally (!!!) for Stockholm, that was 19.30 around. It took us until 0:10.
I finished reading “Life Of Pi” at 9:05 pm and then I was just sleeping for I was seriously exhausted of that day!!!
On the train I met a japanese girl called Eddie who was studying in München, but we weren’t able to talk long because there were too many people on the train, which seems to be unfamiliar in sweden. I saw some of the landscape but not really much.
I was texting Veronica if there was something new so she could plan meeting me and we finally did. We got to her parent’s flatr shich is not that far away from the city so I was very happy having a pillow under my head finally!
Slept like very well & very long